Metamorphose your salads with French VinaigretteFebruary 28th, 2012 | Posted by in French Recipes
Vinaigrette comes with every salad in France, from the lettuce salad to the potato salad and many other ones. Its base is really simple but you can taste many different flavors just by changing an ingredient.
It always begins with Oil, Vinegar and Mustard.
To prepare a simple vinaigrette :
- put a teaspoon of Dijon mustard in a bowl,
- add salt and peppercorn,
- dissolve with a tablespoon of vinegar,
- add 3 tablespoon of olive oil while stirring constantly.
If you change only one ingredient, the taste will be completely different :
- Mustards : Dijon Mustard or Tarragon mustard, or Blackcurrant mustard …..
- Oils : Olive oil, or Hazelnut Oil, or Truffle Oil !!!!!
- Vinegar : Red wine vinegar, or Provence herbs vinegar, or Raspberry vinegar …
For example, a simple spinach salad can be metamorphosed in a subtile recipe just by adding some walnuts, some pieces of swiss cheese and of ham and a “Hazelnut Oil + White Burgundy wine Vinegar + Dijon Mustard” vinaigrette.
Bon appétit !
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.